Good all round for Stourside Medical Practice
Stourside Medical Practice has been rated Good overall by the Care Quality Commission.
Also known as Halesowen health Centre, Stourside Medical Practice provides a full range of GP services to approximately 6,320 patients.
Previously rated as Requires Improvement in November 2017, the practice was rated as ‘Good’ overall for being safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led following their recent inspection in October 2018.
During the visit, inspectors identified the high standards of safety in place at the practice and said risks were well managed. They noted that patients’ needs were assessed and care and treatment was delivered according to evidence based guidelines.
A full report of the inspection has now been published and is available to view at: www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-2369603587
CQC found that;
- The practice had clear systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen
- The practice routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured that care and treatment was delivered according to evidence-based guidelines
- The practice had a proactive approach in helping patients to live healthier lives
- Staff involved and treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect
- There was a focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation
The areas where the practice should make improvements are;
- Consider further training for reception staff in the identification of serious medical conditions
- Continue to explore how patient satisfaction rates can be improved
Dr Ruth Hearne, GP at Stourside Medical Practice said, “We are passionate about providing excellent patient care and we are delighted this is reflected within the report which rates us as good in every area.”
Mr Steve Wellings, Chair, Primary Care Commissioning Committee said, “I am very pleased that Stourside Medical Practice has improved to such an extent that the rating is now Good overall, it is a testament to the hard work and commitment of all the staff who played a part in making it happen.
It is clear that the practice is providing an effective, caring and well led service which is a real asset to the people living in this part of Halesowen, and we congratulate them on their new rating.