Good all round for Dudley Wood Surgery
Dudley Wood Surgery has been rated Good overall by the Care Quality Commission.
Previously rated as Inadequate in January 2020 and placed into special measures following an unannounced inspection, the practice which has worked exceptionally hard to make significant improvements was rated as ‘Good’ overall for being safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led following their recent inspection in November.
During the visit, inspectors identified the high standards of safety in place at the practice and said risks were well managed. They noted that patients’ needs were assessed and care and treatment was delivered according to evidence based guidelines.
A full report of the inspection has now been published and is available to view at: www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-7315549388/reports
CQC found that;
- Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs
- Staff had the skills, knowledge and experience to deliver effective care, support and treatment
- Staff dealt with patients with kindness and respect and involved them in decisions about their care.
- The practice organised and delivered services to meet patients’ needs
The areas where the practice should make improvements are;
- Continue to increase the uptake for cervical, breast and bowel screening.
- Continue to increase the uptake for childhood immunisations.
- Continue with steps to engage with a patient participation group
Dr Kalsi, GP at Dudley Wood Surgery said, “We are passionate about providing excellent patient care and we are delighted this is reflected within the report which rates us as good in every area.”
Mr Sarb Basi, Director of Primary Care, Black Country and West Birmingham CCGs said, “I am very pleased that Dudley Wood Surgery has improved to such an extent that the rating is now Good overall, it is a testament to the hard work and commitment of all the staff who played a part in making it happen.
It is clear that the practice is providing an effective, caring and well led service which is a real asset to the people living in this part of Dudley, and we congratulate them on their new rating.