What is Coronavirus/COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a new illness. Lots of people call it coronavirus. It can affect your lungs and your breathing which can give you a cough and/or a high temperature. It can also cause a loss of or change in your normal sense of smell or taste. It is important that you stay at home right now, but if you have a medical condition or injury which needs treatment, the NHS is still here to look after you. The summary document below is to help you understand how you can get NHS help when you need it.
The downloadable summary below includes information on
• Going to A&E
• Hospital appointments
• Getting help from a GP
• Getting your medication
• Getting help from a dentist
• Getting help with eyecare
• Looking after your feelings
• Specialist learning disability, autism and mental health services
• Care education and treatment reviews (C(E)TRs)
• Looking after children during coronavirus
• Getting reasonable adjustments from health services
• British sign language health access.