Accessible Information Standard
We are committed to making information accessible for you. All organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must follow the accessible information standard by law.
The aim of the accessible information standard is to make sure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss get information that they can access and understand, and any communication support that they need.
Patients in Dudley with a communication need can request information from us or one of our 43 GP Practices in the following formats:
- Large print
- Easy Read
- Via email
- Alternative languages
- Or other professional support if required, like British Sign Language (BSL)
You can download an Accessible Information Request Form here which you can complete and hand in to your practice:
Before we carry out any engagement, we always look at what we know already. We do this by:
- Checking our Duty to Report. This details all engagement and consultation activities that have taken place, click here to view
- Using any data we have collected through patient experience
- Considering any feedback from the groups that we have been in touch with
- Checking information that some of our partners might hold such as Healthwatch
- Looking at the information that an Equality Impact Assessment tells us