The CCG has carried out a wide consultation with constituent practices, partners, patient groups and the public on what is important to them.
Consultation involved face to face interaction through a number of events including a stakeholder conference entitled ‘Nothing About You, Without You. Thinking Differently’. This work has resulted in the establishment of three strategic commissioning aims for the CCG, and 10 commissioning priorities as follows:
CCG Strategic Commissioning Aims
- To address health inequalities in Dudley
- To ensure that local services deliver the best possible outcomes for the whole population
- To improve the quality and safety of local services.
- ‘Early Intervention’ and developing a Community Based model for the delivery of Children’s Services
- Improving Urgent Care
- Redesigning ‘Primary Care’ Mental Health Services
- Improving care for the Elderly including Elderly Mentally Ill
- Improving services for people with Diabetes
- Improving Access to Cardiology Services
- Reviewing Community Opthalmology Services
- Developing post admission and rehab services for Stroke patients
- Improving Community Nursing Services
- Developing Psychological input to Alcohol Services
The CCG commissions all services in a way which promotes continuous improvement in quality and efficiency. In addition to service priorities the CCG will also have a range of other ‘priorities’ which are focussed on the CCG running its business effectively and efficiently.