The Care Quality Commission has reported that the quality of care provided by Lion Health, is outstanding following an inspection in July 2018.
Under the CQC’s new programme of inspections, all England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Lion Health. Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, which provides a full range of GP services to approximately 31,650 patients, was rated as ‘outstanding’ overall by inspectors. This gives us our second outstanding practice in Dudley, together with Even Hill.
During the visit, inspectors identified the high standards of safety in place at the practice and said risks were well managed. They noted that patients’ needs were assessed and care and treatment was delivered according to evidence based guidelines.
A full report of the inspection has now been published and is available to view at: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-1522728881
The CQC’s report on Lion Health highlights a number of areas as good and outstanding for the practice, including:
- The practice routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured that care and treatment was delivered according to evidence- based
- Staff involved and treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect
- Patients found the appointment system easy to use and reported that they were able to access same day care when they needed it.
- The practice had a dedicated advanced nurse practitioner (ANP) for patients in care homes and acutely unwell patients.
- The practice had developed their approach for managing patients with long-term conditions with the introduction of a dedicated administrative team and a patient centred approach to improving attendances for reviews
Mr Steve Wellings, Chair, Primary Care Commissioning Committee said, “It is great to see Lion Health receive an overall outstanding rating by the CQC, it is a testament to the excellent skills and commitment of all the staff who played a part in making it happen.
It is clear that Lion Health is providing an effective, caring and well led service which is a real asset to the people living in this part of Dudley, and we congratulate them on their outstanding rating.”
Dr Steve Mann, GP and Partner, Lion Health said, “We are delighted that the huge efforts by everybody who works at Lion Health have resulted in an ‘Outstanding’ rating. All of our staff strive to make a positive impact on the health of our population and this is a great reflection of the teamwork which we are proud of at Lion Health. We will continue to try and improve on areas that we know are a challenge, and thank all our staff again for their hard work and positivity.”