The Black Country and West Birmingham STP was named one of two GPRISS for the Midlands and East Region in June 2018. There are seven intensive support sites in England.
The STP has particular issues with GP retention, however has a strong level of local leadership in place. The aim for the intensive support site is to bring about real improvement to GP retention by bringing interventions together at different levels – personal support for GPs, practice support and system support/improvements.
The STP has been allocated funding to support the project and the various initiatives that are being developed (see links below).
In addition to local leadership, specific project management support has been assigned to the STP, and a change facilitator has been allocated to provide change management and leadership expertise to create and agree clear, measurable and practical plans for GP retention. The facilitator will also ensure that key stakeholders are enthused and motivated to make the changes required over this intense six month period.
There are four distinct phases to this project:
- Diagnostics (July – August 2018)
- Plan (August – September 2018)
- Implementation (September 2018 – March 2019)
- Evaluation / outcomes review (March 2019)
GP Retention Schemes
Find out about the GP retiention schemes that are available below:
- Incentivising Portfolio Careers
- Support for newly qualified GPs/GP trainees
- GP Peer support and mentorship
- Pre-retirement group coaching forum
- Supplementary schemes
- pdfGP support pack (589 KB)
- pdfGP retention scheme flyer (245 KB)
- documentExpression of interest form (24 KB)
For general enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org